PRODUCING ENGAGING VIDEO BEGINS WITH A STRATEGY
The first step in creating your video strategy is outlining your video’s goals. Ideally, you’ll want to create a video for every stage of the marketing funnel. But, initially, you’ll have to decide which stage is the most important to target.
Ask yourself: what are you trying to achieve with the video?
- Reach new customers
- Generate demand
- Drive conversion
- Educate customers
- Inspire loyalty
One of the first steps in creating your video strategy is figuring out exactly who you want your videos to reach. Because it’s such an important step in crafting the perfect video, it’s crucial you get your audience targeting right. It takes research and planning, so we’ve outlined a few questions you need to ask in order to figure out how to reach the right people.
- Who is your product or service for?
- What is the purpose of the video?
- How can you reach your target audience?
You’ll want to outline the following four elements, which serve as the framework of your story. These elements of your story should take the viewer on a journey - one that should align with your brand mission.
- Protagonist with a goal - This person should align with your target demographic.
- Conflict – This is your customer’s pain point.
- Quest – This will be how you introduce your product or service.
- Resolution – This is how your product or service solves the problem.
Creative planning and strategy are important, but without a proper budget, it’s going to be difficult to get exactly what you want. Plan what you can splurge on and what you may want to save on.
Certain videos might cost you more than others, so we help you figure this out before you settle on the type of video you want.